Thursday, September 14, 2006

Incoming!

Off to Nashik for a few days to relax and meet some of the other exchange students. My friend Adam recently relocated to Nagpur, which means I have a good excuse to visit yet another interesting Indian city. Trains are my absolute favorite way to travel, even if today's train in 2 and half hours late. It's a culture where timeliness means nothing and "aram sey" (taking it easy) is king.

Promise to get plenty o pictures up when I return. Getting to this computer requires a 3 mile uphill bicycle ride, so when I forget to bring the little cable for my camera, I don't go back and get it. Send me some email and comment love.

3 Comments:

At 4:33 PM, Blogger Paul Component Engineering said...

Pictures are wonderful Dan, keep them coming. I really enjoy reading about your travels so far, making me mad jealous.

 
At 2:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have really enjoyed your blog and the photos. I have just forearded to you the article from the local Saffron Walden paper about Aunt Joan Holness driving a combine harvester - not bad for someone who never learned to drive & is 93 years old.

Jerry & I are going to be grandparents in February, when Sarah & John expect their first child due one day after Gwen's 89th birthday. Now, Minnesota in mid-February is a true test of enthusiastic grandparents!

I saw the Holness family in June, when I spent time w/Gwen & a w/e with the family, & Jerry & I returned to Gwen in Canterbury for a couple of days at the end of August, before we flew on to Germany to attend a wedding & to visit friends & do more sightseeing.

Elizabeth is back at NYU - we just got together w/her, Christopher & Jill to celebrate E's 20th birthday.

Aren't you actually gong to school there - what is that like? Do you have to spell the British way?

Cousin Margaret

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger Brothers said...

Hi Dan call me see u soon db

 

Post a Comment

<< Home