Thursday, October 26, 2006

morning in Pune

An especially witchy Rotarian from Nagpur crushed my trip to Rajistan and the Pushkar Camel Fair like an eggshell at a marble quarry. It was initially devastating, but after some chatting with my host dad it turns out that the very awesome camel fair is the only casualty. I'll be going to Rajistan later in the year for even longer. To fill in the gap left by the camel fair, I'll see another city and have a chance to go on a 2 day camel-packing trip. I'm lucky to have so much time in India to diminish the effect of otherwise heinous trip destruction.

I spent this morning wandering around Koregon Park in Pune, watching the sun rise and constantly scanning the streets for an open cafe. After this update I'm joining the OSHO Meditation facility for three days. From what I can tell it looks like a lot of old hippies and dreadlocked 30somethings, but as long as the meditation is quality I'm sure I'll have fun. Maroon robes are mandatory and so is 6am morning meditation in the black pyramid. I think the spiritual leader allows us to use the internet. OSHO has that cult flavor to it, especially with the monochromatic uniforms. I'm keeping an open mind, but I don't want to leave with a new name like Luminous or Ambrosia. Seriously, I overheard some woman talking to a man about what purpose Jesus serves and she mentioned her friend Celestia...
Peace for now, I'll try and remember to tell everyone about Divali. A sample: Saddam Bomb, small children, dried leaves, skin grafting, festival, worship, short fuses, half a million people.

5 Comments:

At 3:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the thoughtful letter. A belated Happy Divali! We shared sweets with Susan, Aaron & Sam which was the extent of our celebration. Rajasthan is awesome and I hope you get the chance to visit. We'll get your email address and write some more.

 
At 2:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey! theres another rotary exchange student in pune, her blog is http://www.anja-in-indien.blogspot.com/ (as you can see its german...). i guess you could comment an entry to contact her, dunno, whether you perhaps already know her, but yeah. whatever.

 
At 2:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey! theres another rotary exchange student in pune, her blog is http://www.anja-in-indien.blogspot.com/ (as you can see its german...). i guess you could comment an entry to contact her, dunno, whether you perhaps already know her, but yeah. whatever.

 
At 2:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey! theres another rotary exchange student in pune, her blog is http://www.anja-in-indien.blogspot.com/ (as you can see its german...). i guess you could comment an entry to contact her, dunno, whether you perhaps already know her, but yeah. whatever.

 
At 1:47 PM, Blogger Brothers said...

Contact me - thanks in advance db

 

Post a Comment

<< Home