Tuesday, March 06, 2007


Getting a free ride back to Jalgaon after
crashing my bike and having the chain
break in 4 pieces. This picture probably
only looks cool to me, because I remember the
purple sunset to the right, the kids fighting over
a chocolate bar on the left, and the feeling
of a fast breeze on a 90 degree day.

Adam and I snooped around the site
of the Union Carbide disaster in Bhopal, where
more than 10,000 people died in a gas
explosion caused by American executives too
stingy to spend a pittance on safety equipment.
This building was 5 stories tall and rotting fast.
But it's India, so there was nothing stopping us from
walking around and finding gloves and employee passes
dropped days before the accident.


Manali looks like Washington State, or so
Adam tells me. No Himalayas near Seattle though.
Or Tibetan food. Or Buddhist monastaries.

Stone observatory in Jaipur. I slid
down the white part as much as I could,
but the 40 foot drop to the right deterred
me. A little bit.
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home